Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Funny People doing Funny Things



Yes, this is a post about a bunch of weird Welsh shepherds. Actually, there's more to it than that. I love seeing someone do something really well, especially something for which you have little to no talent or experience. In this case it's a bunch of guys messing around with sheep and lights, but it could really be anything.

Some people get that feeling when they see a good musician or singer, but since I know too much about it, my enjoyment is always a little different than theirs. My brother-in-law gets really excited about a beautiful piece of code. I don't know anything about computer programming, but I couldn't recognize a good piece of code either. For something to really be this kind of experience, it has to be something that a lay person can appreciate but not really understand.

It's entirely possible that those guys are really mediocre shepherds. How would I know? Either way, I got a chuckle out of it, and for a moment I felt some of that childlike wonder and fascination that is perhaps too rare for us as we get older. So I'm grateful for weird Welsh shepherds who have too much time on their hands (or who maybe just got paid well to plug Samsung).

No comments:

Post a Comment