Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dumb Luck























So last Monday, I looked at the schedule for opera rehearsal and was happy to see that I wasn't called for blocking rehearsal. I was quite pleased with that and proceeded to enjoy my unexpected break from the opera. On Tuesday, my phone suddenly found an old message from one of the stage managers. It said in essence, "Hey, I know the schedule says that you're called for orchestra rehearsal at 4:00 today, but maestro wants to work with someone else, so don't worry about coming."

Yeah, I totally would have missed an important rehearsal and gotten into trouble. Good thing I was excused but didn't know about it. Sometimes you just get really lucky and everything falls into place for you. I'm grateful when stuff works out like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment