Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cheap Books

The Bloomington Library had a sale on books this weekend. Bonnie and I spent about 5 dollars. We got a couple of large hardback books, and about 15 children's book for Lydia (10 cents each. woot). Bonnie and I both enjoy reading, so any time we can get books for cheap we always try to grab some.

I suppose in a broader sense I'm grateful for books and the joy that I've gotten over the years from my love of reading. I'm grateful that I was raised in a family that read, and I'm grateful that I learned to read early (well before preschool). Bonnie and I have four bookshelves in our living room, and we have frequently gotten the comment from people that they love the way that our books look. It seems to be a design thing for them. These people never comment on what books we have, just that we have and display books. And honestly they never seem to consider that the books might be more than just nice decor for us. I'm grateful that the books on our shelves are more than just nice to look at. They're something that we use and treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment