Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blackberry Grunt


I'm back. I've realized that blogging, especially topical blogging, is something of a state of mind. You have to be constantly looking for things to put on there or you run out. When school got busy at the end of this semester, I got out of that state of mind. Like I said originally, I'm something of an ingrate. Anyway today I made a blackberry grunt. I had never heard of a grunt before but it's a specific kind of cobbler. Basically imagine chicken and dumplings but instead of chicken and gravy you have blackberries and syrup. It's pretty amazing. Anyway, a small thing to start my return with, but I'm pleased with it.

4 comments:

  1. As the proud writer of an admittedly very topical blog, I am always thinking of what I can write about. When I get too many ideas, I have a queue in Word that I simply copy and paste from every morning. I do this because one day so many things were on my mind that I wrote seven blog posts that day. I soon realized that this was rather stupid because no one was going to read the other six, just the last one. And what kind of anal, bus-riding blogger are you if you're not worried about how many people are viewing your posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe looks good. I liked your bread and muffins when you were here. Is this a sourdough recipe? Glad you are back blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy. You'll have to make it for us at Christmas or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true Eric, so true. My problem is that when I write too many posts, I end up resting on my laurels and not blogging while I wait for my posts to post. This prevents me from forming any sort of a habit, which is ultimately my undoing. But I'm over it. If I disappear and reappear, I'll probably stop apologizing or explaining. Just take it as a hazard of reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete